Top 10 Milestones
by Sunergy Systems
As we wrap-up 2014, the Employee-Owners of Sunergy would like to share with you our Top 10 milestones:
- 2005 (0 systems) – July 1st, 2005 Household Power is formed… yes that is what the company was first called.
- 2006 (18 systems) – In March we install our first system! Yikes, one sales every ten months is not looking like a good business model! For the remainder of the year we install 18 systems so things are looking sunnier!
- 2007 (49 systems) – Jon Lange, Steve Tedesco, and Mike Pogorzelski (AKA “Pogo”) join the team to develop the NW’s best installation department. Pogo is now the company’s Site Surveyor, Steve has become one of our elite Solar Design Consultants, and Jon has stepped into the role of Company President.
- 2008 (60 systems) – Household Power becomes Sunergy Systems and is a banner year for us as we take on some large projects like the 83.6kW Left Coast Cellars Winery in Oregon and the 23.9kW Tacoma Community College system. Most of you have talked with Melissa Metcalfe who joined the team!
- 2009 (74 systems) – Solar veteran Greg Williams joins the team! We install the Iwasaki Brothers 116.4kW system which is our largest to date. Sunergy Systems settles into our current Ballard location.
- 2010 (108 systems) – Sunergy launches the State’s first radio and TV solar campaigns which spreads the good news of solar more than ever before. We surpass one megawatt of installed solar energy with a total of 296 systems! Chris Horne joins our Solar Design Team!
- 2011 (114 systems) – Tim Fekete, Jason Duensing and Adam Cox join the Sunergy Team. Ask Adam about his short tenure on the installation team.
- 2012 (129 systems) – Sunergy installs the Bainbridge City Hall 71.3kW Community Solar Project. Sunergy becomes an official Employee-Owned Corporation!!! Many of you remember the Exeltech inverter recall… yes we all survived it!!! Sunergy surpasses two megawatts for over 500 installed systems featuring the 22.8kW Edmonds Community Solar Project. The solar legend Chris Herman joins the Sunergy Team!
- 2013 (159 systems) – We almost hit one megawatt for the year featuring the 32.4kW Valley View Sewer District and 31.9kW Aquaquip systems. We were major sponsors for the NW Solarfest and Sustainable Ballard Festival.one and within a couple of weeks will be installing our 1,000th system!!! We have nineteen employee-owners and on any given day are installing solar at two to three different sites. Our sales team might be meeting with five different solar clients at the same time while our office staff on an hourly basis is educating new customers while providing customer service to our existing ones.
- 2014 (184 systems) – We shatter the elusive one megawatt in a year milestone with 1.13 megawatts!
- 2015 – Ten years of providing quality solar energy solutions and 1,000 total installed systems!